GROUND UP CONSTRUCTION
Build and learn about commercial buildings through challenging puzzles.
Ground Up Construction gives you a hands on introduction to commercial building, letting you put your skills to the test. See if you can master 100 puzzles where you’ll build everything from convenience stores to skyscrapers. Follow the plans correctly, and see your building come to life. Make a mistake, and be forced demolish and start over.
Commercial construction happens from the ground up with the help of iron workers, carpenters, operating engineers, laborers, cement masons, and many other trades. It takes a number of skills to be a builder, including spatial awareness, plan reading, and the ability to understand order of operations.
PLAY & EXPERIENCE
- 100 levels of increasing difficulty
- Challenging puzzle-style gameplay
- Transforming levels upon successful completion
- Information and videos about life as a carpenter, cement mason, laborer, operating engineer, and iron worker
- Direct links to career opportunities in the construction trades
Ground Up Construction aims to build awareness of the career opportunities in the building trades, and was made possible by the generous contributions of:
- International Association of Bridge Structural, Ornamental, and Reinforcing Iron Workers, Local Union Number 3
- Ironworker Employers Association of Western Pennsylvania
- Master Builders’ Association of Western Pennsylvania
- Construction Advancement Program of Western Pennsylvania