Software Engineer is a significant full-time role dedicated to building out our Skill Arcade platform…
Working with a vibrant development team of designers, artists and developers within an Agile development process, the Software Engineer will be responsible for full stack development on AWS, including design and implementations of front-end websites and back-end APIs, and managing mission-critical services for tracking and analyzing game-day data. At Simcoach, development takes place in a context of regular iteration based on customer feedback and playtesting. The Software Engineer is expected to demonstrate initiative, collaboration, multitasking capabilities, and high-quality standards for company success. The Software Engineer will centralize reusable code, implement test regimes (e.g. unit testing) and integrate Simcoach Games products with outside services.
Skills & Requirements
Ideal candidates will be proficient at the following:
- Software architecture and design best practices for stability, reusability and scalability
- Experienced in using common web development libraries such as Bootstrap and jQuery
- Able to integrate APIs with web application
- Experienced with Node.js and related frameworks such as Express.js
- Knoweldge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Configuration management and integration testing tools
- Producing clear documentation
- Appreciation of games and passion for game engineering
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience: 3-7 years of relevant work experience
- Familiar with the following AWS services:
- Elastic Beanstalk
Candidates not proficient in all of these areas will be considered but must be prepared to demonstrate strong development skills and the ability to learn the tools quickly as part of an intensive interview process.
- AWS developer/architect certificate at associates level
- Familiar with the following AWS services: SQS, VCP, IAM and Data Pipeline
- Unity3D game engine and IDE
- Experience of developing Android/iOS apps is a plus
- Familiar with the following languages: C#, C++, Objective-C, Java
About The Company
The mission of Simcoach Games is to empower millions of job seekers to explore careers, prepare for the transition to work and connect with potential training or employment opportunities through mobile video games.
Our company has been developing video games for workforce development and training for 12 years. The Simcoach Skill Arcade, the culminating result of that experience, is a mobile platform for empowering workers through video games. The games drive awareness and interest, and demonstrate aptitude for in-demand jobs, focusing on areas of self-assessment, career discovery, basic skills training and virtual work experience. The Skill Arcade uses mobile microgames – short interactive learning experiences that can be played on-demand – while tracking an individual’s gameplay interactions and badges earned. Access to data associated with Skill Arcade players is licensed to enterprises searching for interested and capable talent.
The company is a 2005 spin-out of Carnegie Mellon University’s Entertainment Technology Center (ETC), internationally renowned for its research and development in applying video game techniques and technologies for educational purposes. Simcoach Games extends the mission of ETC, developing real-world solutions to engender positive change.
Simcoach Games offers a competitive compensation package, consistent with other organizations in the Pittsburgh region, including excellent health benefits, life insurance, LTD/STD insurance, and generous paid time off.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.